We help solve problems for you. Businesses inevitably encounter numerous challenges and we are at our best in assisting our clients in overcoming them.
Business advisory is one of the 3 core specialties of Lawsons Chartered Accountants which regularly benefit our clients over the last 10 years.
This is a primary reason for our clients staying with us for the long term: we continually add over and above value to the health and growth of their businesses.
The areas where do add value to your business are:
Cash flow and profitability projection management
Cash flow is the life blood of any business. We believe it is only second in importance to the creation and keeping of customers. It is a critical key success factor. With this context in mind we help develop cash flow and profitability projections through:
- 3-D view: cashflow, P&L, balance sheet
- critical assessment of key assumptions
- identifying risk scenarios through sensitivity testing
- setting up a proactive monitoring system of key assumptions against results
Business loans are strategic considerations for a business. As business advisors we are involved in discussing the scope and merits of business loans required by our clients. In this regard we help analyse loan offers from lenders to let our clients make informed decisions.
Business owners are always running against the clock: they have to work in the business to appreciate the critical details and human issues; and rise above the operations regularly to work on the business to ensure the business is heading in the right direction.
From time to time our clients identify an area of improvement, often through experience or ‘gut feel’, but do not have the time or resource to exploit it.
- analyse, evaluate and quantify the business impact of the area for improvement
- working with the client in developing and formulating an action plan for execution
- monitoring of progress and anticipated results
Business sale | business purchase
Most business owners do not have the experience and expertise of selling or purchasing a business on a regular basis. But as a chartered accounting firm we are regularly involved in sharing our experience and advice on business sales and purchases with our clients and our partners in the financial industry.
Hence, we are regularly engaged by clients to:
- help in the preparation of a sale or purchase
- sharing our expertise and experience in the negotiation process
“There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all”